Glossary of Compliance
Our list of curated compliance glossary offers everything you to know about compliance in one place.
Limited Data Set
A limited data set is detailed as health information that excludes certain listed direct identifiers but that may include city; ZIP Code; state; elements of date; telephone numbers, fax numbers and other characteristics, numbers, or codes not listed as direct identifiers.
The direct identifiers defined in the Privacy Rule’s limited data lays down provisions that apply both to information about the individual as well as to information about the individual’s employers, relatives, or household members. The following list of identifiers must be deleted from health information if the data is to be permitted as a limited data set:
– Medical record numbers
– Postal address information
– Electronic mail addresses
– Social security numbers
– Certificate/license numbers
– Health plan beneficiary numbers
– Account numbers
– Telephone numbers
– Fax numbers
– Vehicle serial numbers and identifiers, including license plate numbers.
– Biometric identifiers, including fingerprints and voiceprints.
– Device identifiers and serial numbers
– Web universal resource locators (URLs)
– Full-face photographic images and any comparable images
– Internet protocol (I.P.) address numbers
Sprinto: Your growth superpower
Use Sprinto to centralize security compliance management – so nothing
gets in the way of your moving up and winning big.